BEFORE WE ARRIVE:
Do not use the Showers and counters The day before or after 1 Day Grout Restoration
MAINTENANCE: for 1 Day Grout Restoration Color Sealed floor is as follows:
- Vacuum the entire floor to remove all loose dirt and debris.
- To maintain the 25 year warranty we recommend Armstrong Once & Done No Rinse Floor Cleaner only to be used on the grout & tile. The product is widely available & also cleans slate, terrazzo, marble, vinyl and stone floors.
- Apply cleaner to floor liberally with a mop, (work in 6’ X 6’) sections so that cleaner stays wet.
- Rinse mop thoroughly and with a damp-dry mop, work along grout-lines back and forth until all visible dirt is removed. Follow the directions on Armstrong Once & Done Floor Cleaner.
- Do not use strong degreaser cleaners on grout-lines, as it may compromise the durability of the sealer.
- Do not attempt to clean grout-lines with cleaner for at least one month after installation. Do not use anything besides warm water for 30 days.
- Do not use solvents or alcohol based liquids on grout-lines.
- Do not steam clean grout-lines.
- Do not abuse grout lines by sanding, scraping or scratching as the actual grout mortar may become damaged requiring touching-up of the grout.
- Showers and counters do not use the day before or the day after 1 Day Grout Restoration.
- Never use any sealer or wax on any glazed ceramic or porcelain tile.
**WARNING** Glazed tiles should never have a sealer, wax or polish coatings applied. Our system may remove them, we will not be responsible for any removal or replacement of any coatings.
Wood Flooring Proper Floor Care Extends The life Of Your Floor.
Prevents wear and improves the look of your wood floor
Every wood floors urethane top coat wears with normal use, faster with more traffic, and should be cleaned and recoated every 3 to 7 years . Examine your floor periodically for signs of wear or dulling. If caught before your floors finish is completely worn down, recoating will add another protective coat of finish and restore the luster and beauty, and save you money and time.
Do not be misled by the warranties that imply 10, 20 30 or more years. Read the fine finish wear warranty closely and you will discover a lot of exclusion, including. All wood floors must be properly maintained and periodically recoated, in order to avoid a full sanding refinishing.
Hardwood care and maintenance
Hardwood care and maintenance is important for preserving the beauty of your wood floors. Like any floor covering, real wood floors will show signs of wear over time, depending on the size and lifestyle of your family. But by observing a few precautions, and using the cleaning and hardwood floor maintenance program recommended by the manufacturer, you can expect years of beauty from your wood floor.
Hardwood floor care requires that you never clean or mop your wood floor with water. Do not use any wax or cleaner that must be mixed with water such as oil, soap, or paste wax products; or other household cleaners that contain lemon oil, Tung oil, or ammonia as this may damage your floor and result in a loss of warranty.
Water and vinegar can dull the finish and permanently damage the floor. To help eliminate fine particles of dirt and grit that act like sandpaper and will scratch any floor, vacuum or sweep daily. The vacuum head must be a felt or brush type. Be certain that the wheels of the vacuum are clean and do not damage the finish. DO NOT USE A VACUUM WITH A BEATER BAR HEAD.
Best to clean your wood floors with Bona Wood Cleaner
For hardwood floor maintenance, remove spills promptly using a soft cloth and cleaning products recommended by the manufacturer. WE RECOMMEND BONA CLEANERS Be sure to keep pet nails trimmed and paws clean and free of dirt, gravel, grease, oil, and stains. Place protective pads beneath furniture legs to reduce scratches and dents. Use a dolly and protective sheets of plywood when moving heavy objects, furniture, or appliances. Some objects may be too heavy to move across a hardwood floor under any circumstances. Certain types of casters on furniture may damage wood flooring. Barrel-type wheels (a minimum 1″ continuous width is recommended) or wide, flat glides are best for hardwood floor care and protection.
Exposure to the sun and its UV rays accelerates the oxidation and aging of wood and fabrics. This causes the stain and/or wood to fade and/or change color. It is recommended that you rearrange rugs and furniture periodically so the floor ages evenly.
Remove shoes with spiked or damaged heels before walking on the floor. Spike or stiletto high-heel shoes may cause denting and related damage to wood floors due to the extremely high compressive force they generate. Such footwear can produce dynamic loads in excess of 1000 pounds per square inch, even when worn by someone of slight or average build.
As added protection, use dirt-trapping walk-off mats at all exterior doors to keep sand, dirt, grit, grease, and oil off your floor